Wednesday 16 March 2016

Corra Linn

Today I was working on a big mixed media piece, based on the photograph of Corra Linn I took at the Falls of Clyde on Monday.

Here's the photograph.


Here's the piece in the studio, midway through working on it.


You can see the photo that I am working from on an easel on the left.  I'm using a variety of acrylic paints, which you can see in the pots to the right of the photo on the table, along with inks, and pots of charcoal and burnt sienna powder.  There is also hairspray for fixing.

To the right of the easel with the painting on it, on the tall stool, there is my box of compressed charcoals and pastels, and various brushes, spatulas and sticks for applying the paint and incising into it.


This is the point at which I left it today.  What you can't really see is how textural it is in the middle where all the water is coming over the rocks, so I'll probably take some close-ups of that tomorrow to let you see.

In the meantime, I'll leave it to fully dry, then have a look at it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment