Monday 24 November 2014

International Artist

A strange parcel arrived on Saturday, delivered by Postie (as he signs himself on his cards).

Well, it wasn't a parcel, more of a sack.  An international sack from America.


Inside the sack was a box of these.


It's the December/January 2015 100th edition of International Artist magazine.  Where they go 'INSIDE THE STUDIOS OF THE WORLD'S BEST ARTISTS.'

And turning to page 82, I found this - me!  In Scotland!!



In fact, I was on pages 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 and 91.  Ten pages!!

There are three different workshops demonstrations involving composition, texture and patterns in my landscape paintings, resulting in three different paintings - Avenue with Trees, Hampstead Heath, The Sea, and the RGI prizewinning painting Eastbourne Pier.  The entire article is possibly longer than my undergraduate dissertation!

However, I'm really chuffed with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment