Friday 11 July 2014

"Smirr of Rain near Drymen" at Auction

One of my paintings, "Smirr of Rain near Drymen", is coming up for auction in Glasgow.



The provenance of the painting is that it was sold at the Di Rollo Gallery in Edinburgh in August 2002, in my solo Festival Exhibition "The Colour of the Land".  

The painting, which is oil on canvas and measures 32" x 32" with a machine-cut gold frame, is of the hills on the road to Drymen, near Queen's View.  I got soaked taking the photos (in those days with a camera with actual film in it).  It was a pretty overcast day with a constant drizzle of rain, and I thought that 'smirr' summed it up!

It's good to see it again, and it will be interesting to see how it does at the auction on Sunday 27th July.  It certainly looks as if it has increased in value over the last 12 years!

(PS - please be aware that, as I have not consigned the lot, there is an Artist's Resale Rights fee)

No comments:

Post a Comment