Friday 30 August 2013

Top Ten Paintings

Now, because it's Friday, I thought I'd compile a list for a bit of fun.  A list of my Top Ten Paintings.

Obviously there are a lot of paintings out there, so perhaps I should lay down a few criteria here.  
  • Only one painting allowed on the list from each artist (otherwise it would just be a list of Caravaggios). (Oops - I've given one away, haven't I?)
  • I must have seen the real thing - not just as a illustration.
  • These have to be paintings that when you see them, they have a real emotional punch.  You look and look at them and can't take your eyes of them.
  • You want them.
So here goes - in reverse order.

Oh, and I'll leave you to come up with the artists, titles, dates and location of the paintings.  They're all pretty easy.  Answers on Monday.





Actually, this has been quite an interesting exercise.  No landscape, and they're all pretty much red.

Of course, it could all be a different selection of ten tomorrow, or next week.  And I'm sure there's just masses of paintings that I just can't bring to mind right at the moment, which I will be kicking myself for having forgotten about.

What would you choose?  Feel free to post your lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment